Production management has been my most interesting class this semester, it was different for my other classes in so many ways, I could honestly say that this class me the most about the filmmaking process since I started this degree.
I think I have a clear understanding of what a producer does and how important this job is in the filmmaking business.
I have learned how difficult I could be at times to work with some people, our project has clearly illustrated some of the problems one could face as a produces, which brings me to what I learned about the importance of being a leader. I now truly understand the meaning of the phrase with great power comes great responsibility.
Working with Brook is not easy, he is one twisted unpredictable individual and his methods are sometimes extreme when it come to achieving his goals but it was fun, fo real!!!, it was a good experience and I look forward to working with brook again.
Personally I think I should try to develop a more professional attitude when it come to working with my colleges in some cases, it nice to have a good vibe on a set but at the same time the intent is to get the work done and sometimes I find it difficult especially when persons are older and more experienced than I am I guess I feel a bit in adequate to be issuing orders, but as I said this is only in some cases.
Still it’s an issue I will definitely deal with.
Now about the course, it started with contracts, which I think I handled, ok, mainly because of my past and dealing with things of this sort. Then it was breaking downing a script, and extracting the information needed to bring the literature to life. I must say this was one of the most exciting moment for me taking words and visualizing actions, location, and props that would effective communicate the meaning effectively. The vwhole process just seeming so to bring about a sort of catharsis.
One very important skill that I am extremely grateful for is the know how to create a proper business proposal, which will important even if film production n isn’t involved.
In concluding I think this course was amazing and it has fully equipped me with the knowledge need to produce my own films and possible producing professionally.
For this I thank you class , for your contribution to my development..
Mek way production first film ‘’BAKKOO” has been a success in my opinion, the rod was a difficult one but endured none the less.
From day on this project started off on a bumpy road, seeing that my co producer and my self could not see eye to eye on the form this project was to take however, we reconciled our differences and continued to a common goal.
The second obstacle was selecting a director, which turned to be most difficult task for us, naturally as a producer one must acquire the best production value for the available capital, and even though we had no money we still attempted to achieve the highest production value. However our first choice for a director was not to gracious in my opinion, having accepted the offer to direct this film our director did not act as one should with handling of the project so we were forced to move on to a new direction.
A decision which brought about a string of problems, however we went a head and completed the project.
No comments:
Post a Comment