Okey dokey so here goes... Self Evaluation: I believe that I understand the dicipline of what being a producer really entails. With that being said...I believe that the course 'Production Management' was 100% effective in fully explaining the dicipline of a producer. No complaints there.
Finally, since i've only blogged 6 times in total out of 10 I would rate myself 5/10.
Ans in terms of class attendance out 0f 10, i'd rate my attendance as 8/10. I was late once (last week friday) and absent about 3 or 4 times and no more.
In terms of being a leader, manager; well, the leadership of my project was equally shared and divided amongst my two other collegues so I did not have complete leadership or authority over what happened or did not happen in the different phases of our production. However....I would say that out of 10....as playing the role of a producer only based on my own individual performance within this entire production, I would give myself an 8/10. I can honestly say that I personally enjoyed being a producer; yes there are some things that you can't 100% control because the leadership role has been shared, but luckily getting along with my other collegues (Shawn and Rachel....WOOOT!!!) was no problem what so ever. Good chemistry i'd say.
I would say that I was also dedicated to our production as I was very estatic about the planning of the production (pre) and the actual production and also for the post-production phase. It has been good energy all the way and it hasn't died down or even come close to going away. Time management for me was no issue because from the moment I had something to do concerning our production i'd come right home and get on this computer and get right at it...the amount of emails i sent to my team with all the info necessary and queries and questions that I needed answered was a high volume. So i'd can honestly and proudly say that out of 10 i'd give myself full marks (10) for time managment, because not once did I slack up or say...'i'd do this tomorrow'. I was too hyped up from the start to say i'd put this for later.
In terms of managing and handling the tasks given....as was said before, I did not shirk work when given and took it quite seriously. I admit however, I was the one who was issued the tasks of dealing with the legal aspect of this project (contracts)...those dreadful, time consuming, things that make things rather boring for a moment...but hey....it's a dirty job and someone's gotta do it, right? Initally the problem with the contracts I gathered was that they were too long and complicated (for some of them) and some of the terms were a little out of the ordinary (e.g: the one with the director of photography agreement where it stated about not indulging on drinking alcholic beverages on set during production, or making any decisions while under the influence of alcohol)..yup...that one was classic wasn't it? Oops!! But after the case study in class, once again, I instantly got onto the computer and got to work on those babies and KISSed (Keep It Simple Stupid). So for me personally out of 10 I would give the task that I did and it's effectiveness an 8/10. Why? Contracts were too long to begin with, as a producer I should have recognized that instantly, and even thought I understood the terms and conditions within these contracts that dosent mean that someone else would, so I should have considered that and kept them in the simplest and shortest form.
I'd rate my overall performance in my production Project I.A.N as an 8/10. Since this was my first time ever doing something like this....I thought i handled myself pretty well and carried myself in a professional manner and took my tasks seriously. I took off 2 marks because I always believe that there is room for improvement and if I was to be given an oppertunity to produce again, dosen't matter if i'm in a group or on my own, i'll try to do even better next time. But I believe that my performance was quite satisfactory. As i like to say...I can't complain about anything.
In conclusion, this course really opened my mind to the real meaning of what being a producer is. I taught me how responsible you have to be and that being under pressure would only keep you down, bcause producing is alot of work....no doubt.....it really is indeed and honestly, there's really no time for being in a sour skittle mood. If you plan you things according to schedule then it should be in a senese smooth sailing and if things still don't go according to your perfect plan, always make sure that you have a plan B, C, D, E, F, or G...sometimes even a plan H, or I (okay I could go on, but you get the idea). But since this course is so much work for just one semester, I believe that it should be divided into Production Management 1 and 2. Prod M 1 could be a 2nd year semester 1 course while Prod M 2 could be a 2nd year 2nd semester course. The first one should to ground the basics of what a producer, contracts, legal aspects of planning a production and so on really are (Theroy) and should have a written exam as well as a mid term and regular assignments and the 2nd Prod M should allow students to prove that they fully grasp the meaning of what a producer is all about and go out there and produce some films at least 2 for this semester, and there shouldn't be an exam for that semester either. It's just an idea that may very well work. Based on my experience in this course i'd give it a (9/10). Why? I learnt soooo much about producing in just one single semester, but there is room for improvement because I feel there was so much to learn and plan but would have loved to fully dedicate one semester to only learning about producing (theroy) and an entire semester to only producing (Practical). This course rocked though....I can't complain at all.
P.S: Forgive me if there are any typos or mis spelt words or common letters where there should be capital letters or missing puncation marks...I have my pet peeves about that type of stuff and I really hope that I blogged in standard English. I was typing somewhat fast (typos don't really cut it for me). Okay that's about it. Cheers!!!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment