Here is our first draft script
"Dinner Theatre Script"
EXT. RESTAURANT EVENING
A couple is entering a restaurant. The woman is heard complaining.
CATHERINE
I can’t believe you took me here. This restaurant isn’t on the a class listing. I hear this place is boring!
They continue walking into the restaurant.
INT. RESTAURANT EVENING
Michael’s face shows reacting to Catherine’s bickering.
MICHAEL
I’m sure we will have a good time. Now relax and enjoy the ambiance.
CATHERINE
(sarcastically) I’m sure we will have a good time. Uh hmmm! (aside) If this place had any variety.
There are two men sitting down at a table across from Michael and Catherine. The waiter is taking their order and Michael and Catherine are seen being seated in the background.
BUSINESS MAN 1
And two chicken teriyaki stakes....and three pina coladas...
Waiter looks defeated and is writing up order. He is signalled by Michael and moves swiftly away.
WAITER
Good evening. Can I take your order?
MICHAEL
What would you like Catherine?
CATHERINE
I would like to have....(looking at the menu) I would like to have a good time Michael...(looking at waiter) Do you have anything that happens here?
WAITER
No, unfortunately not ma’m, but if this was my restaurant...
There is a close up on the waiter’s face and the restaurant is transformed with a performance space.
WAITER CONT’D
(singing Opera) There would be...amazing dinner theatre... There would be acting and singing and dancing too...in this amazing dinner theatre...
Manager appears on the transformed performance area of the restaurant. The manager begins performing in a stylised manner.
MANAGER
Why are you not working so well?
WAITER
Because there is nothing to motivate me here...
MANAGER
(sarcastically) Really...
WAITER
Yes...
MANAGER
And what would you suggest?
WAITER
(waiter breaks out in song again) Amazing dinner theatre...
Graphics appear on screen about the dinner theatre concept. Afterwards the restaurant returns to the original setting. Michael is dancing and singing around the restaurant.
The waiter slips Catherine his number.
WAITER CONT’D
(cupping his hand by his ear) Call me.
No comments:
Post a Comment